The Exchange Notifications component makes it easy to receive Push notifications from an Exchange 2007 server using a simple object model.
Notifications are received using a WCF listener.
More informations about the Exchange 2007 notification system can be found here:
More information about Exchange (2003 & 2007) is available on my website:
A sample application is now available from either the source code or the downloads section. It's a rather simple application that uses the new Managed API to subscribe to multiple calendars and display upcoming appointments.
- Implementation of a listener using WCF service model - you can plug it into any application; no need for IIS to be present.
- Auto-Renewal of subscriptions if they time out for whatever reason
- Ability to save the current state of a collection of subscriptions (either binary or in XML);
- A collection of subscriptions can be restarted after deserialization asynchronously, ensuring that no events are missed.
Currently, only the source, the binaries and a basic help file are available.
However, I will release a sample application early 2009.
Features I'd like to implement:
- Support for Pull Subscriptions
- Automatic fall back from a push to a pull subscription if the former doesn't work.
- Anything you'd like to see :-)